Thursday, May 24, 2012

Muse Of The Day : Katy Perry - Part Of Me

This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no
Throw your sticks and stones, Throw your bombs and your blows
But you're not gonna break my soul
This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no


Its ok to lie - everybody lies. Have you ever heard that before, or perhaps told it to yourself to reassure you were doing the right thing? Did you lie as a child, sometimes to avoid being scolded or perhaps lying to get something you wanted? How different are we as adults now? We lie for selfish reasons, and we also lie for the sake of others - butis this the right thing to do?

Culture, society and our environment shapes us to be who we are today. The decisions we make in life also determine the path we end up walking and the people we meet along the way play a big impact in the way we behave as human beings.

As we grow up, childish dreams fade, the responsibility of adulthood forces us to see a reality far from what we learnt from our parents, kindergarten, school etc. For me, even the view or perception of my parents and family members changed as I was growing up.

Dreams of fairy godmothers, princesses & their prince charming, happily ever after fade away with time. In a more Malaysian perspective - I wonder how many of us ended up doing what we "bercita-cita" to be in school - Polis, Askar, Doktor - serve King & Country?


When I was younger, I always told myself to make sure I do the right thing, to not do anything that would offend "God" as I wanted to be as perfect as I could a human, to help people whenever I could & do the right thing at all times. Looking back, I see a shadow of my former self, a person now tainted by the harsh realities of the world - a personwith a better understanding of why people say "No one is perfect".

Despite all these negative influences and changes in myself, I believe the one part of me that no one will ever be able to take away is my love for my immediate family and the country where I was born in.


What will you never ever compromise? What can life & the world never take away from you?

No comments:

Post a Comment